I have been trying to make Chicken leg kabbab for the past 3 days each time trying something different... until yesterday... it came out perfectly.....
This is how I made it
1. Clean the chicken legs. I always remove the skin as it adds more fat.
2. Slit the chicken legs. This will help to marinate well.
3. In a dish make a paste of salt, chicken kabbab masala (or any chicken chicken masala), & little coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Proportions will be based on the no: of chicken legs, spice level and salt level.
4. Coat the chicken well with this mixture. Make sure the masala reaches inside the slits.
5. Marinate well for atleast 1 hr in the refrigerator.
6. Heat little oil in the pan just enough for a shallow fry.
7. Place the marinated chicken in the hot oil on medium heat.
8. After 2-3min turn over the chicken. Now both sides are coated with oil.
9. Close the pan with the lid. Let it cook in that oil for sometime. (5- 10 min) . The chicken will slowly start to cook. Make sure to turn the chicken in between so that the it won't get burned.
10. Now transfer the chicken legs to a baking tray.
11. Broil it on Low heat for 8-10 min on one side and 3-5 min on the other side. This will make sure that chicken is well cooked.
- Broiling the chicken legs will give that crispiness to the outer layer of the chicken.
- If the chicken is well cooked in the pan itself reduce the time in the broiler to 2-3 min on both sides.
- If the option of broiling is not there make sure to cook the chicken well in the frying pan itself.